Our Sapmok vegan vellies are made from hemp, one of the most environmentally friendly fabrics currently available. Hemp is much more resistant than cotton, hypoallergenic and it is known for aging well; the more you wear it, the softer it becomes.
The idea for this series was initiated by Nina Zimalong, a photographer from Cape Town, while she was working on a wedding shoot. It was only after she decided on the Vellies for this shoot, that she realised the models were vegans. Thus, the challenge was up: either create Vellies that vegans could wear or no shoot. Needless to say, the Vegan Series was born and Nina had her stunning wedding shoot.
Our vegan vellies are made for the adventurous, the nature lovers, and the stylish! Hand-made in South Africa from heavyweight hemp canvas. Our vegan shoes have a round toe and a slim fit. Lined with organic cotton and EVA. These vegan shoes are perfect for walking in the bush, hiking, going to work, weddings, formal events or even just to wear to a braai!
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR SIZE?
- Measure your foot from heel to toe. (bottom of your foot on a ruler)
- Refer to Size chart
- Compare your foot length with the chart.
- The size 5 to 7mm bigger than your foot length will suit you best.
- Should be more or less your regular UK size.
- Keep in mind leather stretch.
The lengths in the chart indicate the sizes of the shoe inside, same as the last used to manufacture your shoe.
* The lengths in the chart is measured in millimeters.